The Webster Marching band was originally formed in 1983 as the Yellow Sweater Band. Shortly after its inception, the program changed its name to the Webster High School Marching Band. By 1987, the band rose to a 2nd place finish in its division at the New York State Field Band Championships. By 1989, the band had won its first of two New York State titles. The program has placed constantly in the top 15 for the New York State Field Band Conference.
On the National Stage, the band has traveled to many places including The Citrus Bowl, Fiesta Bowl, Outback Bowl, USBands Regional and National Championships and BOA regional and National Championships.
Some of the titles the program has claimed are the:
- Citrus Bowl – 1989
- NYSFBC – 1989,1990
- Fiesta Bowl – 1994
- Fiesta Bowl Parade Champions 2006
- Outback Bowl Field Show and Grand Champion – 2011
The band has also received these many honors:
- BOA Championship Finalists - 1997
- Fiesta Bowl 2nd Place 1998
- Fiesta Bowl Parade 3rd Place 2002
- Outback Bowl Parade 4th Place – 2011
- USBands Cadet Award Winner for creativity and performance – 2012
- Bronze Medalist NYSFBC Championships LS2 Class - 2013
- Silver Medalist NYSFBC Championships LS2 Class - 2014
The Pride of Webster is very proud of its long history. The program has served thousands of youth in the Webster area and we look forward to many continued years.